Part I - Completion of Newark Enrolls Application (25%)
The following information is captured when you complete the Newark Enrolls application using this link: https://newarkenrolls.org
- Admissions Test: Test date for NBOE and non-NBOE students can be found on the Newark Enrolls Website: https://newarkenrolls.org/timeline
- Overall School Grades
- Science Grade
- Student Character
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You will be interviewed by the Principal and Recruitment team via Webex once your application is completed. You will also complete an open-ended essay response or slides presentation. All components of the application must be completed.
Part II - Interview Questions (75%)
- How do you think Newark School of Data Science and Information Technology will help you prepare for college, career and life?
- In what ways does technology impact your life on a daily basis?
- Explain what you think are the biggest positive impacts of technology and what are the biggest negative impacts of technology on society?
- When you have free time to use the computer what are some of your favorite things to do and what are some of your favorite platforms or websites and why?
- Describe what was the most enjoyable computer project you have done (in or out of school) and why you enjoyed it.
Essay Response or Slides Presentation:
Please share what is your pathway of interest in Technology? Please write a (3 paragraph essay) or create a presentation of 8 slides (1 intro, 6 of content, 1 closure).
How to submit your responses to the interview & essay questions?
You will be contacted by the Recruitment & Enrollment Team to schedule the interview portion after your application has been processed.
To complete the Essay/Slides presentation response, please complete this Google Form. Click the button if you would like to receive a copy of your submission.
Please be reminded that all steps in the admissions process must be completed.