Hello! My name is Ms. Capers and I am the School Counselor at BRICK Avon Academy. It is my goal to implement a comprehensive school-counseling program that will meet the needs, expectations, and interests of all students. As the School Counselor I provide a range of services to support and enhance student achievement. Guidance counseling services will include, but are not limited to:
- Individual and/or group sessions
- Consultation with parents and teachers
- Referral services to school as well as community resources
- Classroom lessons to develop social and leadership skills
- Implementation of intervention and prevention programs
- Assistance with high school transitioning including the high school application process
I am also the School to Career chairperson and I work along with the School to Career Subcommittee to enhance career awareness. We plan special events like our Annual Career Day, Empowerment Day and Law Day. These special days are designed to encourage students to dream and set goals for the future. These special programs also provide students with a wealth of information about various careers. Special guests are invited to come and speak to our students and parents are always invited to attend!
It is my desire to work closely with parents, students, and teachers to ensure that today’s students will become productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. If you should need my assistance feel free to call me at 973-733-8683. I look forward to helping your child have a successful school year.