The A.H.H.S student is characterized by three C’s that define their roles as citizens of our school.
COURAGE: Means the student has developed the inner strength and resilience to resist any negative and/or counterproductive forces that will impact their ability to continue their education in their struggle for freedom, self-actualization, and self-reliance.
CONSCIOUSNESS: Means the student has developed an awareness of self that allows them to respect the rights and individual differences of all, practice compassion and kindness towards all, and adhere to school policies and procedures that create a safe and healthy academic environment.
COMMITMENT: Means the student has embraced the democratic values, principles, and beliefs that guide our community of learners and complement the vision and mission of American History High School. As such, the student is committed to maintaining an academic and social profile that will allow them to continue their education and become productive citizens who contribute to the vitality of their communities and the advancement of our democracy.
Standards of Excellence
- Abide by classroom rules and expectations defined in Teacher Course Syllabi.
- Adhere to school wide policies such as: Cafeteria, Auditorium, and Hallway Expectations, the Locker and Listening Device Policies, and NPS Discipline and Cell Phone Policies.
- Effectively communicates when speaking and writing always conscious of their voice and use of language.
- Dependable and Responsible always completing assignments and fulfilling obligations such as arriving to school and class on time.
- Practices honesty and truthfulness in all endeavors.
- Self –Reflects and adjusts on a consistent basis setting goals and practicing the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
- Is actively engaged in co-curricular and school wide activities that foster social and academic development while enhancing their academic profile.