A Message from the Principal:
Welcome to Week 4, SPIRIT WEEK, on the updated BHSEC Newark Learning Commons!
I hope that all of you remain safe and healthy. I hold all of those who are unwell or have suffered a great loss in my prayers.
I know that many of you are concerned about Q3 grades and some have heard that Superintendent Leon has extended the marking period so that you will have time to complete work over Spring Break. Please note that his first request on his Friday conference with seniors was that students engage in their classes and try to finish their assignments on time. We are all sympathetic with the difficulties of this crisis, the stress on our lives, and its impact on your ability to learn. We will be keeping all of this in mind as we evaluate your mastery of the coursework. Please remember that most teachers have dozens of students across multiple sections and need time to assess work and input grades before the Gradebook closes on 4/23/20. Your teachers should be providing you with the due dates. If you are unsure, please check with your teachers to confirm deadlines.
- VIRTUAL SPIRIT WEEK (4/6-4/9): Show your spirit on BHSECNewark Instagram
- Hot Mess Monday, Tik Tok Tuesday, PJ Wednesday, and Throwback Thursday
- April 6 Zoom Webinar for the entire Bard Early College Community at 4:00 PM
- Complete the Daily Attendance Survey by 9:00 AM
It is my wish and prayer that you all remain safe and healthy until we see each other again.
Updates and Announcements:
- Bard President Leon Botstein will hold a zoom webinar for all Bard Early College faculty, family, and students on Monday, April 6 at 4:00pm. Click here to join the conversation.
- Rutgers University Newark ALI-YMS College Success Centers are offering free virtual tutoring in Math and English. Email Jennifer Made to schedule and appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-288-3773.
- UMOJA Leadership Camp is a 7-day residential camp that changes the hearts, minds, and spirits of Newark teens. The camp will run from Sunday, June 28 to Friday July 3rd this summer. You can apply at app.cambdoc.com/register/ymcanewark. Deadline is April 30. Contact Kenya Travitt at 973-697-1724 for more information.
- The Chad School Foundation is extending its deadline for this year’s Chad Scholarship application to Friday, May 1 at 11:59 pm.
Online Learning Access Codes: this page provides professors’ contact information and access codes for google classroom, remind, and other apps.
School Work Assignments during the Closure
This link contains assigned work for weeks 1-3 of the school closure. For work assigned after that, see your classes’ online learning plans.