The entire Abington Avenue School community is committed to providing a structured and safe learning environment that promotes the delivery of high-quality instruction through the implementation of research-based best practices. The paramount concern of all stakeholders is to develop the whole child by employing structures that will support their academic, emotional, and social needs through a focus on high quality instruction, enrichment, remediation, advisories, and convocations. All efforts will result in the development of students of all ability levels who are college bound and/ or career ready.
- Main purpose is to improve student achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in the academic performance of students.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction (No exceptions, No excuses, No alibis…).
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as students who are not at risk.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
The Big Picture
- Establish & Communicate the Core Beliefs with all stakeholders
- Improve the quality of Instruction
- Principal-Administrators are all Instructional Leaders
- Create a Culture of Instructional Feedback
- Align the classroom and district curriculum with the Common Core Standards
- Build Leadership Capacity
- Align the budget to fund the priorities of the school
- Increase PD opportunities and improve the teacher recruitment, induction and retention process, to ensure we keep the best and hire the brightest teachers.