Room 139 Dance Studio
Welcome to the wonderful world of dance!
Welcome to the wonderful world of dance! This year at First Ave, your child will experience dance as a formal expression of the arts. The arts are an excellent way to develop identity, discipline and self-esteem. Primary students will explore through creative movement. Upper grades will analyze and understand dance as an art form by looking at it through a historical and cultural context. All students will be able to meet dance content standards and practice critical and creative thinking skills. In order to ensure a safe learning environment the following is required for your child’s dance class:
- Pre K-2: comfortable clothing
- Grades 3-5: loose comfortable clothes, gym clothes or dance attire, dance folder
- Grades 6-8: loose comfortable clothes, gym clothes or dance attire, dance notebook
- Dance Ensemble: proper dance attire
- Girls: leotards, tights or stretch pants and a t-shirt
- Boys: sweat pants, t-shirt
Except for Pre-K and Kindergarten, there are to be no shoes or socks worn on the dance floor. Our dance floor is very slippery and in order to insure the safety of all students, socks must be removed to participate in dance class. Parents of primary age students, please make sure your child knows how to tie their shoes and sneakers. In the event of a fire they must be able to get their shoes on quickly and exit the building.