History

1963

Quitman Street School opened; replacing Monmouth Street School.

A plaque in Timothy Still’s honor was donated to Quitman Street Community School in 1968. Timothy Still was a beacon for a better Newark, with the rare ability to bring together men and women of divergent backgrounds to work towards the solution of the problems of poverty, prejudice, and discord.  Timothy Still was one of the great stabilizing forces that brought the city of Newark together in the times of crisis .

Quitman Street Community School salutes Mr. Timothy Still, 1920-1968.