Park Elementary Balanced Literacy
Park Elementary School is dedicated to cultivating a love for reading and writing through the implementation of balanced literacy in all grades.
Each literacy class includes:
- Reading aloud (by the teacher)
- Shared reading (among the class)
- Guided reading (in small, leveled groups)
- Independent reading (students read individually)
- Modeled writing (by the teacher)
- Interactive writing (students write with the teacher)
- Guided writing (in small groups, based on strengths and challenges)
- Independent writing (students write individually)
Kindergarten through fifth grade students participate in the Harcourt Trophies program. The Harcourt website can be accessed by students, parents and teachers at www.harcourtschool.com. Sixth through eighth students follow the McDougall Littell curriculum. The McDougall Littell website can be accessed by students, parents and teachers at http://www.classzone.com/.
Elementary teachers at Park Elementary School are trained by Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI). All teachers strive to prepare students to be successful students on standardized assessments and throughout their lives. Park Elementary also encourages students to access our school library, the Newark Public Libraries and to read at home.
User Id: Newark
ProQuest offers a complete lineup of classroom- and library-focused, subscription-based research tools. Many of these education solutions offer elementary, middle, and high schools content that is reading level-linked (lexiled), supports 21st-century information literacy, and helps differentiate instruction across all K-12 curriculum areas.