DREAMs Value Resources:
I work hard.
- Know my goals & where I’m at
- Make an effort, not an excuse
- Get started right away
- Always keep striving
- Believe I can do it
How you can help your child at home:
- Watch the video and discuss tips about the importance of diligence.
- Children’s Books That Promote Hard Work
- Five Tips for Teaching Kids the Value of Hard Work and Determination
I follow rules and directions.
- Follow directions and school procedures.
- Follow class rules and school policies.
- Listen to others & learn from them (SLANT)
- Help take care of classroom & equipment
- Be ready for learning & speedy transitions
- Use good manners
I care about others.
- Show others I care how they feel
- Respect other points of view & ideas
- Help to motivate the team
- Praise peers for doing well & encourage peers when they fail or get upset
- Do favors and good deeds for others
- Use kind words and actions
- Watch the video and discuss tips about the importance of empathy.
A+ Self Control
I stay focused.
- Stay focused & resist distractions
- Remain calm when provoked or criticized
- Use self-talk to de-escalate
- Maintain personal space
- Be safe at all times
- Watch the video and discuss tips about the importance of self- control.
- Ask & answer questions
- Make connections
- Reflect & reconsider ideas
- Be curious
- Notice & appreciate beauty or excellence
- Take risks
- Watch the video and discuss tips about the importance of being a model student.