One Newark Enrolls: Update April 2014
Round One resulted in more than 12,000 families submitting applications.
Round Two will open on May 26, 2014 so that those students and families who have not yet participated will be able to receive a school match during the summer.
Shortly after the first deadline closed, NPS conducted focus groups to get input from participants about the overall application process and to determine what families need to make informed choices for the next phase. As a result of feedback, the district is working to identify transportation options BEFORE sending match letters. This will delay the distribution of match notification by ONE WEEK, to the week of May 5th.
NEW Key Dates:
• Week of May 5: Round 1 school matches mailed home to families
• May 12 - June 6: Round 1 in-school registration process
• May 12 - May 23: Round 1 appeals window open
• May 26- June 6: Round 2 application available
• Mid-Late July: Round 2 school matches mailed home to families
• August: Round 2 registration process
Click here to read the letter to parents/guardians from Superintendent Cami Anderson.