Welcome to The Early Childhood School–West (ECS-West)
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you. The staff and I look forward to working with you and your children for the school year 2016-2017.
The Newark Public Schools, Office of Early Childhood uses a framework for participation based on Joyce Epstein’s work that includes six types of family-school-community partnerships to create a student-centered learning environment: Parenting, Communicating, Volunteering, Learning at home, Decision-making and Collaborating with the community.
We invite you to participate in our program as much as possible and spend quality-learning time in our Parent Center located in Room 104. These are some ways you can help:
- Attend Back to School Night/Open House – October 6th @ 5:00 – 6:30 PM
- Attend Parent Conferences – November 29, 2016 & February 15, 2017
- Attend workshops and scheduled meetings
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Join the PTO
- If you are gifted with a talent or have a special interest, such as music, art, creative dramatics, etc., please consider sharing those experiences with your child’s class and/or other parents.
- Attend Family Night at the Museum – June 2017 This activity is designed to provide information on a wide range of parent-student interactive literacy, math, and science activities to do at home.
- Picture Day – November 29, 2016
- If you have some ideas – please let us know!
Marshel Perkins, Center Director