Welcome to The Early Childhood School–West (ECS-West)
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you. The staff and I look forward to working with you and your children for the school year 2018-2019.
The Newark Public Schools, Office of Early Childhood uses a framework for participation based on Joyce Epstein’s work that includes six types of family-school-community partnerships to create a student-centered learning environment: Parenting, Communicating, Volunteering, Learning at home, Decision-making and Collaborating with the community.
We invite you to participate in our program as much as possible and spend quality-learning time in our Parent Center located in Room 206. These are some ways you can help:
- Parent Orientation –September 6th @ 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- DAD Take Your Child To School Day-September 18th @ 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Back To School Night/Open House-September 25th @ 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Parent Meetings-September 26th & October 25th @ 9:00 a.m.
- Parent Committee Election-October 11th (contact Parent Advocates)
- Parent Workshop on Social/Emotional Health-October 23rd @4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Family Math Night-November 7th @4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences-November 15, 2018 & February 13, 2019 @1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- ECS West “Sock Drive” November 5th-December 3rd
- Picture Day – December, 2018
- Winter Wonderland Dance-December 20, 2018
- If you are gifted with a talent or have a special interest, such as music, art, creative dramatics, etc., please consider sharing those experiences with your child’s class and/or other parents.
- Attend Family Night at the Museum – June, 2019 This activity is designed to provide information on a wide range of parent-student interactive literacy, math, and science activities to do at home.
- If you have some ideas – please let us know!
Marshel Perkins, Vice Principal
See Announcement Page for More Dates