|Newark Public Schools is seeking passionate educators who can inspire innovation and learning for all of our students.
If you are looking to work in a system in the midst of great change to ensure our students graduate prepared for the college or career of their choice, we want to hear from you.
Newark Public Schools provides a unique opportunity for educators; advantages for working in our district include:
- Competitive salary packages with opportunities to earn substantial bonuses including:
- Bonuses for highly effective teachers, ranging between $5,000 and $12,500
- Up to $20,000 for teachers who participate in district-approved educational programs
- Various school models that offer different cultures and options – whether you want to work in an extended learning time school, a community school model, or an early college high school, the district offers a range of school models within which you and our students can shine.
- Career ladders focused on building teacher leadership through professional development, including participation in Leadership Institute for Teacher Teams (LIFTT)
- Opportunities to participate in an environment focused on high expectations, rigorous instruction aligned to the Common Core State Standards
Opportunities in NPS for the 2016-17 school year currently exist in many early childhood centers, elementary, middle, and high schools across the district. We are seeking educators in many areas but have a particular need for teachers with background and certifications in several content areas including: Bilingual, mathematics, science (especially in chemistry and physics), and special education (especially those who have a background working with students who have behavioral disabilities and students with autism).
We are looking for you to join the most knowledgeable, talented, and dedicated teachers! If you feel this is a fit for you, please visit Teach Newark to submit an application. If you are accepted into our talented pool, you will then have an opportunity to interview with our transformational school leaders.
For more information about teaching for Newark Public Schools please reach out to our Talent Office.