Are you interested in demonstrating your leadership skills? If you are currently a junior, looking for a great leadership opportunity, we invite you to complete the application to be elected the NPS Board of Education Student Representative. If elected, you will work closely with Board Members and NPS Administrators to make sure that the voices of all NPS students are heard.
- Rising senior year in the Newark Public Schools
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- No disciplinary issues
- Must maintain good standing
- Completed application
- 2 teacher recommendations
- 1 guidance counselor recommendation
- 2 peer recommendations
- 1 administrator recommendation
- Copy of transcript and junior year report card and attendance
- Submit completed packet by mail, email or fax.
- April 21, 2017: Application submission deadline
Applications can be submitted by any of the options listed below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 973-733-8788
- Delivered to: Office of the Ombudsman, 2 Cedar Street, 9th Floor, Rm 918
- May 1 – 5: Candidates participate in an interview
- May 18: Candidates participate in a Peer Community Debate; Marion Bolden Student Center
- May 18 – 26: Voting Window opens
- June 20: Student Representative will be presented at Newark Board of Education Meeting
Please contact Nancy Deering at 973-733-7015 with questions.
No files found in this folder.