Skip to content
Free Assistive-Technology Resources to Help Students with Writing
- Mindomo is a graphic organizer with free and paid plans that helps writers get started with the writing process.
- Universal Design for Learning Toolkit provides free resources including text-to-speech features, graphic organizers, and tools that compensate for handwriting issues.
- MyStudyBar is a free app designed for students who are struggling with reading, writing, and the writing process. It includes mind mapping, screen masking, word prediction, a talking dictionary, and text-to-speech features.
- Spelling City is a free app helps improve spelling and vocabulary skills with word games, crossword puzzles, HangMouse, and other activities. Users can hear words read aloud.
- Shahi uses images and graphics from Flickr, Google, and Yahoo to convey a word’s meaning.
- Visuwords uses diagrams to demonstrate a word’s links and connections to other words.
- Be a real author! Write your own chapters, vote on other authors’ chapters and get published!