| || |
2 Cedar Street
Newark, NJ 07102
The Office of Food Services is responsible for:
- Preparation and service of breakfast and lunch meals to all the schools in the district.
- Provide catering services for all schools and staff functions.
- Provide meals for the After School Youth Development Program.
- Provide meals for all students participating in the After School Educational Enrichment programs, i.e., Saturday Academies.
- Act as a liaison between the schools and central office in terms of the nutritional needs of the student.
- Coordinate, review, monitor and process the district lunch applications.
- Train, direct, supervise and evaluate food service staff at the assigned schools.
- Ensure that the schools follow the state and federal regulations governing the school lunch and breakfast program.
- Evaluate the sanitation, safety and equipment needs in the cafeterias.
- Provide alternative meals, such as, bag lunches for field trips and school excursions.
- Develop the memus for all schools participating in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program.
- Offer a Summer Feeding Program that provides meals to students over the summer vacation.