Central High School Athletics
Home of the Blue Devils
Syidah O’Bryant, Head of Athletics
The mission of Central High school is to provide an athletic program that helps develop the whole person through education and competition, to stimulate a lasting attitude of discipline, sportsmanship, integrity, leadership, and social responsibility, to insure equal opportunity for all student-athletes, and to make the athletic program an enduring source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, and community.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To conduct a program that achieves a high level of interest and support of student, faculty, alumni, local community and other segments of the community.
- To employ an athletic staff of integrity, knowledge, skills and leadership qualities that enable programs of mental, moral, and physical benefit to student-athletes.
- To administer and compete in conferences with high ideals of integrity and sportsmanship.
- To provide student-athletes with adequate practice and competition facilities and proper medical supervision.
- To provide student-athletes with support systems to promote academic success and on-time graduation.
- To provide successful competitive athletic opportunities. To provide information for all sports to the media, on an equitable basis.
GOALS OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To run a program that is in complete compliance with NJSIAA rules and regulations.
- Increase staff education.
- Improve assistance in communication and reporting of student-athlete eligibility.
- To support the education of student-athletes.
- Provide access to academic support.
- To continue strengthening the relationship between the high school and the local community.
- To encourage alumni interest and support.
- Communicate with the alumni.
- To have competitive teams at the state level.
- Set measurable standards for each program.
- Develop long range plans to provide opportunity for success.
- Ensure adequate coaching support for each program.